Book a Meeting

Lung Carcinoma

More Info

Non-IgG antibody has become an alternative to conventional IgG due to potential therapeutic effects on several human diseases, especially tumors. With years of experience in antibody development, Creative Biolabs has invested large quantities of time and energy in the development of non-IgG antibodies in order to discover more efficient therapeutic biomolecules. At present, we are dedicated to providing one-stop non-IgG antibodies development services as promising treatments for lung carcinoma.

Brief Introduction of Lung Carcinoma

Lung carcinoma (LC) is a malignancy characterized by uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. There are different types of lung cancer, mainly including non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC, 85%), small cell lung cancer (SCLC, 10%-15%), and lung carcinoid tumor (5%). The most common symptoms include coughing (including coughing up blood), weight loss, shortness of breath, and chest pains. Prolonged exposure to tobacco smoke contributes to 90% of lung cancers, the remaining 10% is often due to a combination of other factors including genetic factors, radon gas, asbestos, and air pollution such as cigarette smoke of another person. Unluckily, few early detection tests or acceptable screening methods for LC are available now. Therefore, it is necessary for us to discover novel biomarkers and to develop more effective, non-invasive methods for the screening and early diagnosis as well as target therapies of LC.

Monoclonal antibodies have attracted much attention due to their excellent anti-tumor effects with high targeting and few side effects. Bevacizumab and Necitumumab are both monoclonal IgG antibodies approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of advanced NSCLC. Besides these well-applied IgG therapeutic antibodies, IgM isotype has been studied recently to show promising benefits to the patients with LC.

IgM Antibodies for Lung Carcinoma

IgM antibodies are firstly produced during a humoral immune response and represent the most logical class of antibodies to be detected as early indicators of disease. IgM antibodies produced against modified proteins during tumor formation have been recommended as useful biomarkers of early-stage LC. For instance, anti-elastin IgM antibodies are found to be present in 45% of patients with SCLC, while no detection in healthy individuals. In addition, anti-tumor IgM can also induce strong apoptosis (100-fold higher compared with the IgG form in one case) in human LC cell lines without any additional crosslinking in vitro. They can dramatically inhibit tumor growth in a xenograft model through the caspase activation cascades, suggesting that anti-tumor IgMs may become potential immunotherapeutic agents for LC therapy.

Procedure used to select cancer-specific recombinant scFv-IgM antibodies. Fig.1 Procedure used to select cancer-specific recombinant scFv-IgM antibodies. (Pedchenko, 2013)

Features of Our Services

  • Excellent reproducibility
  • One-stop and tailored service based on your specific demands
  • High-quality products in high yield with stronger affinity and effector functions

As a well-recognized leader in the field of disease diagnosis and antibody development, Creative Biolabs is the leading commercial resource of various antibody products and services. Recently, we have successfully exploited advanced non-IgG therapeutic antibodies platforms to provide the best non-IgG therapeutic antibodies products and comprehensive services. For more information and any question, please directly contact us. Our professional teams will tailor the most optimized solutions for you as soon as possible.


  1. Pedchenko, T.; et al. Early detection of NSCLC with scFv selected against IgM autoantibody. PloS one. 2013, 8(4): e60934.

!! For Research Use Only. Our products and services are NOT intended for diagnostic or therapeutic applications.

Online Inquiry
For Research Use Only. Our products and services are NOT intended for diagnostic or therapeutic applications.






Stay Up To Date

© 2024 Creative Biolabs All Rights Reserved