As a senior biotech company dedicated to promoting human health research, Creative Biolabs has bent ourselves to non-IgG antibodies development for several years in order to discover more efficient therapeutic molecules. We are now proud and pleased to provide a wide range of products and services of non-IgG therapeutic antibodies to global customers.
Therapeutic antibodies, specifically refer to monoclonal antibodies, are bioactive antibodies with the ability to attack specific cells or proteins for the treatment of a wide variety of diseases, including cancers, immune disorders, and infections. Therapeutic antibodies have been flourishingly developing since the first therapeutic antibody, Muromonab-CD3 (Orthoclone OKT3), was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an immunosuppressive agent in 1986. By early 2019, over 4,000 therapeutic antibodies in different phases have been recorded by Therapeutic Antibody Database, among which about 100 antibodies have been approved by the FDA for disease treatment. However, the overwhelming majority of these therapeutic antibodies (nearly 5,000) are IgG isotype antibodies, only 12 and 2 antibodies are IgM and IgA isotypes respectively, and no IgD and IgE isotypes.
Why Are the Discovery and Development of Non-IgG Therapeutic Antibodies Hampered?
The involved reasons may include:
- The production of non-IgG antibodies (mainly IgA) is different and difficult compared to IgG antibodies, which can’t be obtained by traditional hybridoma techniques.
- Extremely low abundance of IgD and IgE.
- Non-IgG antibodies purification by conventional technologies is limited by several factors, such as incapability of IgD and IgE to bind to Protein A/G, narrow solubility, poor stability and binding of IgM to protein A/G.
- Some non-IgG antibodies isotypes/sub-isotypes in humans are different from those experimental animals (e.g. commonly used rodents).
- Ideal well-established animal models are lacking for both non-IgG antibodies production and basic research.
Advantages of Non-IgG Therapeutic Antibodies
Although confronted with difficulties and challenges, non-IgG antibodies (mainly IgA and IgM) display some advantages over IgG antibody or a potential supplement therapy, especially for cases when IgG is less suitable or insufficient.
- Non-IgG antibodies may perform better in terms of non-blood targets binding.
- IgA and IgM predominantly exert their functions in dimeric or polymeric form.
- Both monomeric and dimeric IgA antibodies can directly induce neutrophil migration, which means that neutrophils can be recruited by IgA than that by IgG, thus triggering more effective cytotoxicity. And IgM induces stronger complement-dependent cytotoxicity.
- The stronger binding ability of IgM. There are 10 binding domains for different targets of a pentameric IgM, and IgM can efficiently bind to low expression targets and highly glycosylated targets.
- The number and location of glycosylation sites of non-IgG antibodies are different from IgG. More glycosylation sites and different location indicate more possibilities for modification.
Fig.1 Schematic representation of the human immunoglobulin subclasses. (James, 2016)
To discover more efficient therapeutic antibodies and provide more comprehensive services, Creative Biolabs has developed the exclusive Non-IgG Therapeutic Antibodies Platform based on our acquired experience and accumulated expertise. After years of efforts and concentrated study, we are confident in providing a full range of custom non-IgG therapeutic antibody (including therapeutic IgA, IgM, and IgE antibodies) discovery services for international clients with best strategies and professional solutions.
Features of Our Non-IgG Therapeutic Antibodies Services
- Superior Service
Diverse products and services are available for you to choose.
Tailored products and services based on your specific demands.
Good reputation in this field for many years, and both products and services are reliable.
Seasoned technologies and professional scientific teams provide the best services with low-cost and high efficiency.
If you are working on non-IgG antibody research or interested in non-IgG therapeutic antibodies, you can contact us for more detailed information.
- James, L.K. The Cloning and Expression of Human Monoclonal Antibodies: Implications for Allergen Immunotherapy. Current Allergy and Asthma Reports. 2016, 16: 15.
!! For Research Use Only. Our products and services are NOT intended for diagnostic or therapeutic applications.